Got lots of tomatoes that you need to use up? I’ve got the perfect solution. How about make some salsa?
I found this quick and easy… well, it’s quick if you don’t count your chopping time… recipe for salsa that our family loves. What’s nice is it makes up a large batch and you get all those tomatoes used up so they don’t go to waste.
- 12 cups skinned, chopped tomatoes
- 6 large diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced hot peppers
- 1 – 12 oz can tomato paste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (I use minced garlic in spice jar)
- 3 green peppers
- 3 tablespoons of canning salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- paperika to taste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Ladle into sterilized pint canning jars and add lid and rings. Process in water bath for 15 minutes (20 minutes for altitudes 1000 to 6000 ft, 25 minutes above 6000 ft). Note: I like to add 1/4 tsp citric acid to each jar.