Made a trip to the orthodontist and while we were there we stopped at the pet shop so Brooke could pick out a beta for her fish bowl set up she made.
One of our goals this spring is to hatch out some turkey eggs. The turkeys aren’t laying yet so we decided to get the incubator out and hatch some chicken eggs while we wait.
I’ve been reading about permaculture and have been starting to plan the design of my garden. I’ve still got a lot to learn but have already noticed a difference in just the small changes I’ve made already. We ended the day with a Valentine’s Day dinner.
Neville is still walking with a limp. Can’t decide if it’s an injury or disease… what do you think?
We’re combining our flocks and putting them in one coop. We added more roosts and moved nesting boxes over so there’s room for them all.
We’re making our first egg delivery of the year! After taking the winter off, our chickens have started laying again. It’s so nice to have a steady supply of eggs again. The day was so beautiful that we couldn’t pass up stopping at the park.
Started the day out with the normal chores, then did a little laundry, went shopping and when we got home we found a package had arrived.
It was another cold day so we stayed warm by making two different soups, one for lunch and one for supper, plus we baked cinnamon rolls.
We’re celebrating being here on the farm for five years. I thought I’d share my great grandfather’s story, from a newspaper article he wrote, of his journey here and how he claimed the land we now live on.
Cutting up chicken is a lot more work than freezing it whole. It pays off in the long run though, because it makes it more convenient to use. This time we cut more up than we left whole. It’s a great feeling to have that chore done for this year.
It was a warm, beautiful, but very windy Halloween evening. Even though it was difficult for witches to keep their hats on, it didn’t stop the fun.
It was a busy day… carved the pumpkin, canned chicken broth and fixed my Mom’s porch.
We finally got our goat corral made. It turned out really nice and the goats seem to like being in there better than the smaller one we had them in. While we were building the corral I started making bone broth to can. We ended the evening working on our bullet journals in hopes of getting our days a little more organized.
Gave Miley sewing lessons and then got more tomato sauce canned. I’m getting so close to getting all my pint jars filled… what a great feeling!