One day I went out to the garden and noticed nasty looking blobs of slime that appeared to be taking over the garden. I’ve never seen anything like it before and I’ll admit I was a little freaked out over it. I did a little research and found out that it’s a mold/fungus called dog vomit slime mold. Just the name alone sounds pretty disgusting and like something you should be pretty alarmed about. Luckily it’s harmless, to people and pets and actually beneficial to plants because it breaks down organic matter which adds nutrients to the soil.
This was shared on Homesteader Hop.